One of the quickest growing demographics in massage therapy is pregnant women. Women have discovered that participating in massage therapy helps them cope with the changes present in their body during pregnancy and provides essential emotional and physical benefits. Massage for pregnant women is an excellent way to expand your massage therapy business and to maintain a large client base.
You will gain essential skills and knowledge while earning a certificate in pre-natal massage, including:
- How prenatal massage can help boost the mother’s physical and emotional well-being.
- Which pregnancy-related complications can be aided by prenatal massage therapy.
- The changes that occur in a woman’s body and how these changes require deviations from a standard massage therapy routine.
- How to market your pre-natal massage therapy service.
- Which forms are necessary for record keeping and appropriate release of liability.
Completing a certificate in pre-natal massage provides the opportunity for professionals to learn more about the complexities of massage for pregnant women. There are specific techniques, adaptive positions, and pressure points contraindicated during pregnancy that differ from traditional massage therapy. Pregnant women in need of massage therapy want a practitioner with experience in the specific differences of a woman’s body during pregnancy and techniques designed specifically for pre-natal massage.
Adding pre-natal massage to the services you offer provides an opportunity to expand your business. You will be able to market yourself as a therapist with a wide range of experience and will attract new clients to your business. Effective pre-natal massage can lead to a long term client relationship long after the pregnancy is over.
To learn more about massage for pregnant women and the other certifications offered by the Institute of Somatic Therapy, visit our website today.